HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Believe!

I finished a new piece for my friend, Meg Wolf. There is no doubt that Meg Believes! Go see what a remarkable woman she is. You will be inspired.
My own mother had breast cancer last year. It was detected early, and thru the remarkable doctors she saw at M.D. Anderson, in the Houston Medical Center, she did not have to endure chemotherapy. She did take a full load of radiation, which I believe was 27 visits. But, I thank God He gave me more time with her.
Do you see the gorgeous jewelry folder underneath the necklace? It was made by my talented friend, Colette Copeland. Her work is just beautiful!
This past weekend was so gorgeous, I decided my disintegration collaboration package needed to be moved into a more "open" space in my backyard. An area where more of the elements could alter my paper bundle. I bought this wonderful old garden gate in the Big White Tent, at the Round Top Antique Festival, on one of the very first trips I made to the festival. I believe that was about 13 years ago. It has been rusting nicely. I hope some of it gets on my bundle!


Another finished Crystal Princess~this one made for Meg's daughter's 19th Birthday. And, a dainty pair of vintage rhinestone swings! Everyone must have a pair of swings!

10 comments:

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Another wonderful piece and thanks for sharin!!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO excited!! Thank you, Diane.

Chris said...

Dear Diane,
Every year I go to a wonderful mammography seminar in Sacramento, about 1 1/2 hours away. Every year a wonderful radiologist named Dr. Peter Dempsey speaks to us for an hour or two. Dr. Peter Dempsey comes from the MD Anderson Breast Center. I know how devoted he is to help women fight this disease.

Wow~
Love you~

Seth said...

I like the bundle's new home!! And the "believe" necklace your made is beautiful. Like the way you photographed it too.

Anonymous said...

I was happy to find your blog recently. What a wonderful story about your mother, I'm glad for you. And these pieces of jewelry are just beautiful!

Daryl said...

Wonderful that gate is serving such a good purpose .. love the necklaces .. and the swings ... you're right we all need swings .. today mine are the ones that 'go' with my ice princess ... xoxo

Anita said...

Beautiful as always... :)

A bird in the hand said...

Just lovely, Diane. As usual!

A bird in the hand said...

Just gorgeous. Love the one below too. And thanak you for the compliment! Beautiful jewelry needs a beautiful folder...I do what I can ;)

Funky Finds said...

I hope you can attend our Funky Finds Spring Fling on April 25 in Fort Worth! http://funkyfinds.us

If you'd like to advertise in our event booklet that goes to print next week, we have a few open spots available. We will be printing 5,000 booklets to be distributed at the event, as well as locally & through special mailings.

http://funkyfinds.us/springfling/advertise.html

Cheers! Jessica D. :)