HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Saturday, May 09, 2009

What a wonderful day or two!

This historic precinct courthouse stands in the middle of the town square in beautiful Fayetteville, Texas. The square is also the location of the Texas Pickin Park. And, during the antique festival, Fayetteville is included in places to shop.
Last weekend the square was home to 52 artists, brought here by the Art Guild of Rural Texas. It was the guild's 10th Annual Fayetteville Art Walk. I was blessed to be a part of it. Here are a few pictures of my table set up.


My husband and I are always fascinated by the number of people who come into my booth and pick up the props! I always use some of my antique finds, such as the vintage door knob bought in Warrenton; and a leather magazine carrier and briefcase I bought in Katy during the City Wide Garage Sale. And, I've gotten some beautiful vintage silver spoons from Nothing Ordinary, which have now found their way on my table. " Layered Metals"
The park is home to many old pecan trees which surround the entire courthouse. The reflection of these beauties in one of my antique mirrors, brought back memories of my home in nearby New Ulm. " Ice Princess"
One of the pieces for sale, was this necklace I made with a chandelier crystal bought at the antique festival in April. The facets of this crystal are just slightly different from the ones I've used in the past. I also added faceted and nugget crystal quartz, along with Swarovski rondells. $108
"Smokey Quartz Dangles"
These dangles are also still available. I used larger faceted drops of smokey quartz and oxidized sterling silver wire. $46
I must say the art guild treated the artists with a wonderful reception on Saturday evening, along with 14 different awards. The members came around to our booths each morning with rolls and kolaches, and with cold bottled water several times a day.
It was an exceptional show, and I commend them for a job well done.

6 comments:

patty said...

it sounded like a delightful weekend and your display and jewelry is over the top gorgeous
you have such a great eye for design and display

Diana said...

What a great display, Diane. Love how you mingled your beautiful pieces in with your antique finds. Hoping the faire went well for you and you had a lot of sales. Miss you!
Diana

Daryl said...

Oh I like the new crystals .. very pretty ...

Riki Schumacher said...

I LOVE the way you displayed your jewelry Diane. I bought a little suitcase that I am excited to use. Everything looks so professional and sophisticated. Just like you!! Nicely done. (your ribbons were mailed today Tex!)

Cindy said...

What a wonderful day you must have had..the whole thing sounds like it went off without a hitch and was a great experience. Your booth display is so professional and inviting. I would be one of those admiring your antique props as well! But I doubt I could be distracted from your beautiful jewelry! Yours would be my favorite booth there for sure.

Diane said...

I think I too would be tempted to pick up some of those intriguing props :)