HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

{Echo} Week 1 - Emerge

Emerge:Beyond
My ever so talented Visual Poetry teacher, Susan Tuttle, and her likewise talented friend, Chrysti Hydek, have begun an artistic journey together as they explore a bi-weekly prompt (every other Wednesday), through the lenses of their cameras. The first prompt emerge. Their first collaboration is seen here. Visit Chrysti's blog to see their second. We are invited to play along (it's not necessary to pair with someone, but if you do, it is much fun -- just interpret the prompt through your own camera lens, post your photograph on your blog, and leave a link to your post in the comment section of either of their blogs.
I have collaborated with an artist friend, Lani Gerity Glanville, who took Susan's Visual Poetry class, along with me and 28 other artists. I love Lani's interpretation picture(the one on the right), which she said was taken in a butterfly garden. The pumpkin on the left, my way of expressing what emerges ~ beyond. (Click on photo for a larger version).
I look forward to seeing
you there....through your eyes. I believe tomorrow is time for the next prompt!

9 comments:

Jackie said...

Really beautiful! I loved that class - I learned so much and would love to just do photoshop all day - it's addicting!! I love your collaboration - both photos are amazing!

Alyice said...

Beautiful pictures!

stregata said...

Gorgeous photos!! Sounds like a wonderful project!

Daryl said...

Lovely photos and an excellent MEME

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful post! you two are so very talented, both as artists and photographers! sounds like such a fun project.

Lani Gerity said...

What fun, Diane! And the other half of this collaboration is up on my blog!
http://lanipuppetmaker.blogspot.com/2009/10/more-marvelous-art-mischief-here.html

Cindy said...

Diane
You are always up to something!! Just visiting your blog fills me with inspiration... or at least right now I'm enjoying all the beauty that you create - through your pictures. This is such a wonderful idea and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your collaboration.

Riki Schumacher said...

These are gorgeous photos you two! Love this idea Susan came up with. Look forward to seeing more eye candy.

Gena said...

Love the pictures you ladies have put together for the Echo challenge! Gorgeous blog too!