HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

my heart

"my heart is full"
(sold)
In so many ways.
This is where my class, Resolutions of the Heart, was held last Saturday.
We were in the Round Top Family Library.
This beautiful building was formerly the Hope Lutheran Church, a historic Gothic building first constructed in 1925.
It was dismantled and moved in seven pieces from Milam county to Round Top, then immaculately restored.
I had so little time to take pictures. The ones I took, I now cherish.
Look at the antique German bisque storybook characters that sit atop the library shelves lined with wonderful old books. This is just four of the many.

The librarian, Barbara Smith, was such a gracious hostess. She shared with me the feeling she has had since being called here
almost 10 years ago. I know why she's here. I feel it too.
Look at these special ladies. We had the most precious time together. Charlene, right behind me, is one of the most fun ladies and blog buddy, traveling all the way from Fort Worth. She was a great class helper, and now a wonderful new friend. Carrie, on the back right, lives just down the road from me in Katy. She makes the most beautiful pottery. She came into the class knowing very little (about jewelry design), but you would never had known it. She told me she was a "fast learner". I'll say! She took to it like she had done it for years. The two lovely "local" ladies, good friends who both have business' at Nothing Ordinary Antiques & Oddities in Bellville.
Back row: Charlene, Carrie

Front row: me, Agnes and Carla
The huge hand-made pine board table, nestled in the front corner of the library, was the most magical place for us to work. It was the perfect size for four students.
......my heart is still so very full. I truly don't know what else to say.
But, thank you, all of you who were involved,
for blessing me with one of the most special days of my life.
You are the best!

17 comments:

stregata said...

That library looks like a magical place! Wish I could have been there!

Jen Crossley said...

Diane this looks so wonderful to have such an amazing group of friends creating just beautiful

beautifullybrokenme said...

Good morning! What a wonderful day: perfect setting, wonderful students and a gorgeous project. I can't wait to take a class from you someday, my friend. You are such a bright a light in this world.

:-) Molly
Matthew 5:16

Lani Gerity said...

Oh this looks like fun AND great photos!!!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful venue! i sure hope to take a class with you someday!

Diana said...

Oh my what a magical location to have a class, Diane! I looks and sounds like you all had a good time. Your heart necklace is wonderful....I can see why it is sold already. Looking forward to seeing you soon at Adorn Me!
Hugs
Diana

Cindy said...

Diane
I'm so thrilled for you that you have another successful memory-filled class under your belt. This is just the beginning of great things for you.... And look at that wonderful library to teach in! A beautiful place full of inspiration... Your class looks like a wonderful group of ladies (I sure wish I were one of them!).

Daryl said...

I knew it would be perfect!

A bird in the hand said...

There's something very special about the place; you can tell just from the photographs. The perfect setting for your class!

Charlene said...

Oh what a fun day we had!!!! So sorry we don't have more/better photos to remember the day by. But, I will never forget it. You are an amazing teacher. So kind & patient! And hubby is a keeper too. He was really a lot of help to you. Can't wait to see you again soon. And the Library was indeed magical. HUGS! Charlene

The Joy of Nesting said...

Good evening Miss D!!

Oh how much fun you guys must have had!!! And what better venue!! You can practically feel the positive energy and muses gathering on the shelves!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

Mary Franzenburg said...

I just had to comment on your lovely blog! I check here often and you always have such wonderful inspiration!!

- Melanie said...

Simply Divine how everything about your class played out. You are in your element, your sweet spot, and it shows! I hope to see this beautiful, historic library during our Antique Festival outing this spring! Yay! I love you ... XoXo ...

Kerin said...

What an absolutely magical place! I'm sure that everything turned out better because of where you were. I love the "my heart is full". From what I can tell the section of chain near the bottom is something I've never seen. I'd love to find some one fine day!

Deryn Mentock said...

A lovely necklace, indeed! I'm so glad you had fun!

Esther said...

what a nice place for create!! beautiful heart!!

Barbara Lewis said...

What a wonderful setting for sharing new techniques and for learning. And your photography ... wonderful, as always!