HomeAbout MeClassesOn-line ClassesPressRosa & JosieContact

Friday, April 15, 2011

Jewelry Affaire

I love surprises.
A beautiful little muslin bag tied together tightly.
Covered with vintage bits of lace
and
topped with a steel cut rhinestone button.
Inside you will find a cuff.
Romancing the Cuff
I am so excited to be have this design included 
and be a part of the latest issue of Jewelry Affaire
 which actually hit the newsstands on April 1st.
These romantic cuffs have a soft leather base, 
and have been a consuming passion of late.
I taught this technique at an evening class at Adorn Me! 2011.
Remember the photos here?
I sewed a large group of them to sell at Marburger.
This isn't all, just the ones that made it back home =)
I have had inquiries about selling a kit (even before Adorn Me!), 
so one of the things I have worked on this week was making that happen.
I (will) have the tutorials available on my Etsy Shop here.
Several examples are (and will be) posted for you to choose from.
Here is what you will receive:
A detailed tutorial, which I will send in pdf format,
2 cuff templates,
a soft piece of leather (you choose the color)
 vintage lace, tulle, recycled sari silk ribbon, a charm, an elastic closure,
and either a vintage button or rhinestone button.
You get to choose the type of button (either will be vintage), 
which will determine the price.
$32 shipping for a kit with vintage rhinestone button (No.1 and 2)
$30 + shipping for a kit with vintage button (No. 3 and 4)
You can add any additional bits & pieces that you might like & have 
when you receive your kit.
It is up to you....as it is your cuff.
I will be adding some different kits in the future, but for now these are the choices.
They are just samples, as each one WILL be different
but just as close as I can get to what you see.
While in Warrenton, Riki and I shopped at the lace ladies booth in the Rose of Texas Field, which is behind the Legal Tender Saloon (where my daughter and I eat every time we go to the festival).
This lady comes in from Oklahoma.  We stayed in her booth for at least an hour (or more)
looking and digging through her goodies.
Then, Riki took some of the other girls back there later that weekend.
 She had MOUNDS of lace, tulle, tatting, buttons and more.
And, guess what?  
I haven't even tapped into any of what I bought and brought home from her.
If you'd like the tutorial only it will be $12 in my shop on Etsy.
This latest cuff has a great vintage charm AND a rhinestone button. $48
It is one I've made in preparation for the Art Walk, and is the one I made as a demo for my tutorial.
The Art Walk is a juried art show I am once again honored to be a part of 
in Fayetteville, Texas.  It is a great show, and Fayetteville is located in such a beautiful part of Texas, just down (or up) the road from Warrenton and Round Top.  
The show is for two days, Saturday, April 30 and Sunday, May 1. 

I have been on such a fast track since Marburger, I haven't gotten all my photos posted 
from that time.
We had such a great week and a half, shopping and visiting with Riki, 
my daughter, AND my husband.
We laughed ~ a lot.  My husband was there helping me the whole time I was set up at Marburger, and for that I was so very thankful.
The days I spent at Marburger were long ... but very good for me.
I learned a lot.
About my set-up (thanks Riki-son), my jewelry....about myself.
 Riki and my feet after the first day of shopping in Warrenton!
My daughter, Melanie and I on the second day in Warrenton and Round Top.
 Mary, Melanie and Riki on what Melanie though
had to be the very first bike cab!  LOL.
We had a BLAST!

19 comments:

Charlene said...

LOVE the kits!!! I must support my retired friend... so I NEED ONE! HUGS! I asked Bear about the Art Festival... I'll get with ya. HUGS!Charlene

jamberry_song said...

Gorgeous! Who wouldn't fall in love with those?!?! I'll have to nab a copy of Jewelry Affaire; I missed its release. It's one of my favorite mags and your piece is definitely a good fit with their lovely style. :)

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my goodness!
Those are gorgeous!!

Leslie Todd said...

I loved your article in Jewelry Affaire. Congratulations!

stregata said...

I'm absolutely drooling over those mounds of lace....

steufel said...

Wow, wow, wow. Though I'm really challegend on the sewing front I'm thinking hart about that tut!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

I am so in love with these cuffs Diane ~ cannot wait to get my kit!!!
I think they fit my ragamuffin personality to a "T" for tops! Love all of your designs ~ I think you may be kindred spirits! Love and blessings to you for a Happy Weekend!
~Katie

Cindy said...

Congrats on your Jewelry Affaire piece, Diane!! I was so proud of you when I got my copy recently. Each on is unique and so very vintage and frilly - just love them! What a gorgeous design. Looks like you, Melanie and Riki had such a great time....your pictures speak a million words!

artistickitty said...

Missed you at Warrenton but hoping to get to meet you at ArtWalk. Saw the ArtWalk poster in Orsak's over breakfast this morning and came home and marked it on my calendar. Hope to meet you there.

Diana said...

Congratulations, my friend, on the publication of your cuffs. Your cuffs are so very romantic....I love all your creations. And the eye candy from Round Top was the icing on the cake. Thank you for sharing!!!
Hugs
Diana

Chris said...

Congratulations on your article!!! Woo hoo! I don't think you sleep at all, gal~~ :-)
These cuffs drip with lusciousness! You find the prettiest pieces for your kits. These will be so very popular.

Daryl said...

Congrats on appearing on the magazine .. so cool .. and while not a cuff person I am loving how pretty they are!

Lovey said...

Oh look at all that lace and goodies!! Wowie! I love the picture of you and your daughter. I often wonder if I would look more like mom as I am older now. If we took a picture next to each other...would I see her in me? Your daughter has your smile...and face...simply beautiful!

VS said...

Love the idea of the kits friend!!! & you know I adore those Leather & Lace bracelets..they soooo rock!
And congrats on another article, you are so very talented friend!
Big Hugs,
Susie

Andrea said...

Absolutely loved it! I had to buy two kits:) Also there are a few of us signed up for your Gilding Class in May. Can't wait!!

Suz said...

Must check out those kits, Diane. Congratulations!!! I have the issue and loves seeing your name and work in print again. You are just soaring...high in the sky!

Would I ever love to go to see the woman who has mounds of lace. I have NEVER seen anything like that, Jud is always shocked when I bring more lace in. He just doesn't get it at all. I can never have enough old lace!!!

Hugs to you,
Suz

stacie said...

Wow! What a beautiful and crazy creative idea about the kits! All that lace! It sounds as if your trip was transforming...how wonderful! Don't you love these huge leaps in the evolution of your art? How exciting!! I am driving to Knoxville this weekend...will get the latest issue!!

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Oh my...I see yall shopped at my favorite booth for lace too! I think I stayed there for an hour as well! And I the Legal tender Saloon IS the BEST food ever! Great kits and still hoping for a class in San Antonio soon!

Jen Crossley said...

The kits are such a wonderful idea Im sure they will be a huge hit
Jen